The upgrade is free of charge for all current V-Ray for 3ds Max customers of Chaos Group.
These builds are compatible with Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2008, 3ds Max 9, 3ds Max 2009, 3ds Max Design 2009, 3ds Max 2010, 3ds Max Design 2010. V-Ray 1.50 SP4 additionally supports Autodesk 3ds Max 8 as well.
The newest builds of V-Ray 1.50 SP4 and V-Ray RT 1.50 SP1
support both 32-bit and 64-bit OS.
V-Ray® 1.50 Service Pack 4
Added New Feature in V-Ray 1.50 SP4 is V-Ray Ambient Light.
It includes several modified features:
- Improved multithreading on multi-core machines;
- Ability to specify gizmo falloff for VRayEnvironmentFog;
- Ability to use arbitrary meshes as gizmos for VRayEnvironmentFog;
- Option to exclude the background from VRayEnvironmentFog;
- Added CIE sky models to the VRaySun and VRaySky;
- It is now possible to submit DR servers list for DR through backburner;
- Added option to not use area speculars in the VRayIES light;
- Added Kelvin temperature settings for the color of VRayLights;
- VFB history is now turned off when 3ds Max is in slave mode;
- Output .vrimg and split channel paths are listed in the Asset Tracker;
- GI cache files (irradiance maps, light cache etc) are listed in the Asset Tracker;
V-Ray® RT 1.50 Service Pack 1
It includes the following new features:
- Support for the HSL/HSV controls of the ColorCorrect texture (as well as the map slots);
- Support for the "Additional bump" slot of the Normal bump texture;
- Some gamma workflows did not work well with the ActiveShade;
- Option to stop updating the ActiveShade window after a certain fixed amount of time;
- Support for region rendering in the ActiveShade window;
- The override material options from the standard V-Ray renderer to work properly;
- Support for environment override in VRayMtl;
- An option to manually restart V-Ray RT, without having to close & reopen the activeshade window/viewport;
- Option to pause the RT;
- Support for opacity maps of standard materials;
- Support for VRayEdgesTex in bump slot;
- Ability to directly export to a .vrscene from MaxScript without starting the ActiveShade (through the vrayExportRTScene() command);
- Access to the ActiveShade bitmap from MaxScript (through the vrayGetRTBitmap() command);
- Support for paletted PNG textures;
- Consider the "Hidden lights" switch from the standard V-Ray;
- Support for IFL file format for textures;
- Support the Shell Material in V-Ray RT;
In order to explore the rendering opportunities of V-Ray RT SP1 you must have installed V-Ray 1.50 SP4 or a later version.
The complete list of the new and improved features can be found in the changelog file, which is a part of the installation.
Last changed: Sep 04 2014 at 3:44 PMBack